Simple Reviews Widget – WordPress Business Review Plugin
The “Simple Reviews Widget” is a simple, yet powerful business WordPress reviews plugin that allows users to add client testimonials or reviews in a simple, customisable carousel to a widget area of your WordPress theme.
There are currently many reviews widgets and testimonial plugins available on WordPress.org and other premium plugin websites. However, the majority of these are over complicated and often have far too many features to achieve the simple job of showing a simple selection of reviews about your business from your customers. With the Simple Reviews Widget, you can easily add your clients testimonials via the backend of WordPress, drag and drop the widget in to your sidebar or other area of your website, customise the widget and hit publish. Now reviews are showing on your website!
Schema Ready – Get Star Ratings in Google
Not only does the Simple Reviews Widget allow you to show testimonials and reviews on your website, but it also includes the relevant Schema.org markup that helps you to show star ratings in Google, Bing and other search engines. This is an optional feature, if you have Schema in place on your website already – no problem, you can switch this off via the core plugin settings.
The Simple Reviews Widget can be completely customised. You can change the colours of all sections of the widget including text colours, background colours and Google fonts. All text on the widget is inputted by the user so you can use the widget on any website no matter what the language.
- Drag and drop reviews widget
- Creates a “reviews” custom post type to manually add reviews via the WordPress dashboard.
- Includes review title, review content, star rating, reviewer name, location, review category, company name and link
- Auto scrolling carousel and speed settings
- Customise all colours
- Customise all fonts – uses Google fonts library
- Choose from default 5 or 10 stars – increments of 0.5
- Turn Schema On or Off
- Exclude reviews by post ID
- Include reviews by category ID
- Fully responsive
- Can use on any website with any language
- Install and activate Simple Reviews Widget from the WordPress dashboard.
- Visit the core settings page to enter your Google business information and select your sitewide widget settings. It’s important that you match this exactly to your Google My Business listing information.
- Add new “Reviews” via the WordPress dashboard.
- Visit Appearance > Widgets and drag and drop the “Simple Reviews Widget” in to your sidebar or footer or other widgetised area on your WordPress theme.
- Customise the widget using the widget settings and hit save.
- Voila! You now have a reviews carousel showing customer reviews to your WordPress users.